sunnyside sports 541-382-8018 open 9-7 daily
Winter in Bend is either awful or awesome, depending on whether or not you ski. We recommend that you ski.
Dip a toe into that white, frosty goodness--Without breaking the bank.
Get the whole family going. Easy-peasy.
Just tell us where you're going. We'll set up the best equipment, waxed and ready, right for you.
You know you're a local when you keep your skis out on the back porch. Let's set you up.
Wait. What's what?
Skate skiing is:
- Faster, generally, than classic skiing.
- Best done on groomed trails: Mt. Bachelor and Meissner are our local areas with the most groomed skating trails. See our Maps Page.
- Aerobically more challenging than touring. Lessons are highly recommended if you've never skated before.
- Done on skis that are glide-waxed on their entire length, similar to downhill skis.
- Super-fun! Alpine (downhill) skiers tend to pick it up quickly. It's fast, graceful, and could be your ticket to winter fun.
This is classic skiing, or touring
Classic skiing is:
- Also called traditional, touring, or diagonal stride.
- Is easiest, generally, for beginners to learn.
- Can be done in groomed our ungroomed conditions. See our Maps Page.
- Can be as much of a workout as you make it. Lessons are always recommended, especially if you're looking to be faster and more efficient.
- Done on skis that most commonly have a grip pattern under the binding.
- Super-fun! Can feel like a hike in the woods, or a challenging run in the snow. Make of it what you will.