We put our elbow grease where our mouth is.
At Sunnyside Sports, we believe in creating a profitable, sustainable business that allows us to take good care of our employees, our customers, and our community. Here are a few ways we do that.
- Sunnyside employs full-time, year-round, year-after-year employees.
- Sunnyside pays 100% of our employees' health insurance cost.
- Sunnyside employees receive 3-4 weeks paid vacation per year.
- Sunnyside pays $0.50 per trip for employee commutes
- Sunnyside supports local businesses, including Full Rotation Farms with a staff CSA membership, and Free Range equipment with staff backpacks shown at left.
- Sunnyside staff commuted to work by bicycle for 2,122 trips and over 5,982 miles in 2016.
- By utilizing Blue Sky power, Sunnyside avoided the release of 4,266 pounds of carbon dioxide into the environment in 2016.
- Sunnyside is housed in a building designed by Tozer Design Studio to preserve three large old-growth Ponderosa pine trees in the front.
- Sunnyside recycles paper, plastic, glass, and all metal bike parts. Sunnyside also partners with Resource Revival to recycle used bicycle chains and tubes.
- Sunnyside matches charitable donations made by employees.
- Top 10 in Oregon "100 Best Green Company" Awards, 2009.
- Sunnyside has donated over $10,000 to the Virginia Meissner grooming fund in the past five years.
- Sunnyside’s Tour des Chutes has raised over $200,000 for local and national cancer charities.