…about Sunnyside Sports, Bend, Oregon’s coolest bicycle and cross country ski shop–a top-10 finisher in the 2009 Oregon “100 Best Green Company” awards.
- Sunnyside has donated over $10,000 to the Virginia Meissner grooming fund in the past five years.
- Sunnyside’s Tour des Chutes has raised over $200,000 for the Lance Armstrong Foundation and local cancer charities.
- Sunnyside staff commuted to work by bicycle for 2,814 trips and over 6,297.9 miles in 2013.
- By utilizing Blue Sky power, Sunnyside avoided the release of 5993 pounds of carbon dioxide into the environment in 2013.
- Sunnyside is housed in a building designed by Tozer Design Studio to preserve three large old-growth Ponderosa pine trees in the front.
- Sunnyside recycles paper, plastic, glass, and all metal bike parts.
- Sunnyside employs full-time, year-round, year-after-year employees.
- Sunnyside pays 100% of our employees health insurance cost.
- Sunnyside employees receive 3-4 weeks paid vacation per year.
Corporate Core Values
To create a profitable, sustainable business that allows us to accomplish the following:
- To provide our employees with a rewarding, quality work life in a positive, respectful atmosphere.
- To provide employees with a livable wage career.
- To provide employees with generous vacation time.
- To celebrate diversity in our customers and in our staff.
- To create an environment where change is seen as opportunity.
- To make laughter part of every work day.
- To create the store as a manifestation of our own passions for cycling and skiing. To share those passions with our customers.
- To provide customers with an optimal cycling/skiing experience once they leave our store.
- To provide “outrageous service” to our customers.
- To make every customer laugh or smile at least once in every visit.
- To serve as a community center for Bend’s cyclists and skiers.
- To serve the community as a whole, through support of events and organizations that promote environmental health and social justice.